Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That.

I am sure I am not the only one that has a day every once in awhile where I feel like I can't win.  Tonight I got home from work and realized I needed to do three things.  Take a shower, work out, and do laundry.
We have not yet purchased a washer and dryer for our house and have mainly been using the laundromat down the road.  Normally that isn't a big deal, but I look at the clock and it is already almost 6.  By the time I do everything and eat dinner, I will maybe have an hour to relax before bed.
AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' THAT!

I lovelovelove my down time.  The faster I can do get myself from waking up and starting my work day, to pajamas- a book- and fuzzy slippers, the freakin' happier I am.

Solution:
Do it yo' self 30 minute workout, shower, and laundry combination.

Cost: Free
Time: 30 minutes
Items needed: Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap (or some other soap that is easy on clothes, body wash not recommended), a scrub brush, a laundry hamper, and a bath towel.

I selected 3 days worth of clothes.  Pants, T-Shirts, socks, and panties.
Not my entire stock, but a manageable amount.
Toss what you choose in the bottom of your bath tub or shower.
Place the empty clean laundry basket on a towel right outside your shower.
Get nekkid.
Get in the shower.
I don't need to go into detail here, I am sure you know how to wash yourself, so do that now. While you are doing this, stomp around on the clothes, make sure they all get wet.
Now time for laundry.
Turn off the shower.
Squirt soap on your brush.
 Pick up one clothing item at a time a scrub it like it owes you money. After your arms are aching, and every item has been thoroughly scrubbed, turn back on your shower.
March up and down on your clothes for 30 seconds.
Turn off shower.
Shimmy, dance, and lightly (don't slip!) bounce on clothes for 30 seconds.
Repeat 10-15 times.
My heart rate was up after this, if yours isn't good for you. You obviously didn't notice the recent influx of girl scouts and their cookie pushing regime.
Score.
Now turn off that shower again (conservation!)
Pick up items of clothes one by one.
Tightly wind them, and wring them out from top to bottom 4 times a piece.
Arms sore yet?

After every item is wrung out, pile in laundry basket.  If you managed to work up some sweat than you are in luck, because you are still in the shower.
Rinse off one more time.

Now of course they need to dry.  You can them from hangers in the shower or do what I did and hang them outside.
Every time you hang one item of clothing plank for 30 seconds.  Alternate side planks and flat plank.
Don't be shy about those hot pink panties hanging up OR doing your yoga abs.  If your neighbors don't know how awesome you are, they will now.

Now you have plenty of time to read a book, write a blog, eat a yummy dinner, and in general.. relax in fuzzy slippers.  You win.
YAY!


Everyone always says You Only Live Once.  Dude that is so not true... you only DIE once.  You live every day.
Live, girl. Get it.
Clothes line? Ain't nobody got time fo' that.



No comments:

Post a Comment